Anything Parenting

Thursday, February 21, 2008

These Kids Are Trained In Drowning Prevention

Bookmark and Share
Something very amazing is how children as young as six months can learn to survive a fall into a pool. I recently had the opportunity to watch a video of children that can fall in a pool and maneuver their bodies upwards so they are on their backs with their faces out of the water. I wanted to share this video with everyone because this accident happened to me when my daughter was 2 ½ years old.

I told her and her brother to sit on the edge of the pool until I returned. When I came back, my son was on the side sitting watching his sister in the water. She was on her back treading water trying to keep her face out of the water. She never had this training, but what she did, kept her alive. I would ask anyone with children, watch this video and see how kids so young can help themselves stay afloat and alive if they fall into a pool.


INCREDIBLE VIDEO!!! Take the time to watch here

Labels: ,

Official-Secret Recipes From Top Restaurants!

3 Comments:

  • At February 26, 2008 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for this. This is the best video I have ever seen. I would love to find out if they have such a program here in Toronto.

     
  • At February 26, 2008 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Blondie Writes - Pamela said...

    I was looking for an idea to write about and came across that video. I was fascinated with it and decided that was what I wanted to share. I am glad you like it. I have never heard about the program before, but it is something all parents should consider for litle ones.

    Pam

     
  • At March 7, 2008 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Hope said...

    Something to think about for emergencies like this... Out of the 68.8 percent of U.S. households that are considered “family households” – which describes households with children – 11.1 percent are headed by single parents. In cases where other adults, such as a non-custodial parent, grandparents or other extended family members are involved in raising children, it is important that critical information, such as medication and dosage information, be easy to maintain, share and access, especially in the case of an emergency. MedsFile.com, a personal, private and secure Web-based database for managing medication and dosage information, and other medical information, can be a useful tool for such families. For more information, visit www.medsfile.com.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home